About NU at Sacramento
We, the people of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.
The Mission of Northwest University, a Christian university affiliated with the Assemblies of God, is derived from the following core values:
Spiritual Vitality (Heart)
- Moving together in personal relationship with Christ Jesus and knowledge of God's calling, we dedicate ourselves to Spirit-filled service.
- Practicing discipleship and worship with biblical faithfulness, we develop courage and character to meet the challenges of our world.
- Crafting a diverse, lifelong community, we recognize the intrinsic worth and dignity of each individual and facilitate friendships and networks that reach out to welcome others in love.
Academic Excellence (Head)
- Exploring all truth with scholarly excellence, we build a biblical worldview to prepare each other for service and leadership throughout the world.
- Developing moral, spiritual, intellectual, and aesthetic values through the arts and sciences, we integrate faith, learning, and life.
- Thinking critically, we aid one another in academic achievement and lifelong pursuit of knowledge, wisdom, and skills.
Empowered Engagement (Hand)
- Growing holistically, we clarify and obey individual God-given callings.
- Communicating and modeling the Gospel, we call people and communities to be reconciled to God and to each other.
- Demonstrating Spirit-inspired compassion and creativity, we meet the needs of individuals, build communities, and care for creation.
California State Approval
Northwest University is a private institution and is approved to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval means compliance with minimum standards as set forth by the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
Any questions a student may have regarding this approval can contact the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833, www.bppe.ca.gov, toll-free (888) 370-7589 or by fax (916) 263-1897.
- 2015-2016 Academic Catalog
- 2014-2015 Academic Catalog
- 2014-2015 Performance Fact Sheet
- 2013-2014 Performance Fact Sheet
- 2014 NU Annual Report
- 2014 NU Financial Report
- Program Information Sheets: (Certificate in Ministry, A.A. in Christian Leadership, B.A. in Pastoral Ministries, Master in Ministry, Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language)
- Student Handbook